|Home | Products | Download | Purchase | Support | Contact Us|
|AntiFirewall: How It Works | FTP | Usenet News | IRC | ICQ | Email (POP&IMAP) | TCP Map|
AntiFirewall allows you to connect to the ICQ network and keep in touch with your friends from all over the world even if you are behind a firewall which blocks access to the ICQ protocol (e.g. at your job). In addition to that, AntiFirewall hides your IP address from the ICQ server, so it is also effective anonymizing software for ICQ.
To start using AntiFirewall with ICQ, do the following:
1. In the main window of the AntiFirewall program, click the Create New Connection button. A wizard dialog will appear.
2. On the first screen of the wizard, you will just need to wait until the program automatically finds a good proxy for your location. When it finishes, click the Next button.
3. On the next screen you will need to select ICQ from the drop-down list. There are no other parameters to enter. Click the Next button.
4. Enter a name for the new connection. The name can be anything that will be easy for you to recognize later; you can enter the same address you entered on the previous step or anything else you like. That name will be shown in the drop-down list of available connections on the main AntiFirewall window. Do not leave the field blank. When you finish, click the Next button.
5. Now AntiFirewall will try to test the newly created connection. If there are problems, read the explanations carefully and follow the instructions. Try re-creating the connection with a different proxy server (click Try Another Proxy button on the first page of the wizard).
6. Once the connection has been tested successfully, you will see its parameters on the main window of AntiFirewall. On the left it shows the address of the ICQ server, and on the right, in the area titled "Your computer", the address of the local virtual server created by AntiFirewall on your computer. The virtual address will look like "127.0.0.1:7003". You will need to use that address as a HTTPS proxy server in your ICQ firewall options.
7. That's all. Now ICQ will use AntiFirewall as a proxy server, and you will connect to the ICQ network anonymously.
If you want to edit an existing connection, select it in the drop-down list at the top of the main AntiFirewall window, then click the Change settings button. You will go through the same wizard steps as described above and have an opportunity to change anything you entered earlier. If you want to use a different proxy server for tunnelling your data (e.g., if the current one seems too slow), then on the first screen of the wizard (where the program chooses a proxy) you can click the Try Another Proxy button and AntiFirewall will search for a faster proxy.
© 1997-2007 iNetPrivacy
iNetPrivacy, iNetPrivacy Software, iNetPrivacy.com, Big Brother Has Gone Blind, A4Proxy, Anonymity 4 Proxy, AUTOWIPE, AntiFirewall, inetprivacy.com/antifirewall are either registered trademarks or trademarks of iNetPrivacy Software, Inc. in the USA and other countries.